Friday 18 April 2014

82 miles, 5hrs, senior citizen blood doping and still a long way to Paris

Highlight of the day?

Making it around a decent chunk of Kent, Surrey and East Sussex without (a) falling off, (b) collapsing and (c) feeling like I could have gone further.

Lowlight of the day?

Being overtaken by a senior citizen on a bike from WW2 (leather brooks saddle, leather saddle bag, panniers) wearing tracksuit bottoms tucked into Wellington boots. In my defense, I was trying to unwrap a peanut butter sandwich without riding into oncoming traffic. In addition, blood doping is rife amongst the elderly down this way...

Thought of the day? 

If I can do 82miles and feel good at the end of the day, there's hope for further miles.However, below is a blunt reminder of the London to Paris task I'm undertaking in 8 weeks time. The little red loop below London is todays 80miles. It's clear from the map that it's going to be a long way to Paris in less than 24hrs

ps. the ride to Paris in 8wks time is for charity. I'm fundraising for children with muscular dystrophy. Please donate what ever you can and flag that it's for me. If you enjoyed reading the above, please donate here - http://www.justgiving.com/GoogleDuchenne


No comments:

Post a Comment