Wednesday 26 March 2014

If it's not nailed down, it's going in

Training, training, training.. I have to be ready to ride 280miles in 24 hours, 100 miles day one, 180 miles day 2, or there abouts..

Currently I'm riding 100miles a week, let alone a day but am getting fitter and stronger daily.

The 100 miles a week is my work commute, 10miles each way, twice daily, 5 days a week.

The next step is to build both physical and psychological strength to weather 100miles in one ride. The most I've done is 46miles and that was hard, 3hr30mins constant work.

How am I going to do this?

The hardest part is the psychological element of riding alone. To combat this I'm joining Dulwich Paragon cycle club who run organised rides of varying length where peletons form of 10/15/20 riders working together to pull everyone along. This is alien to me and as I experience it I'll update the blog accordingly.

The first Dulwich Paragon ride will be the first Saturday in April, an obligatory acclimatisation ride needed prior to membership. I'm looking forwards to it!

Until then, it's the daily sprint each way to work, 10 relatively easy miles apart from the slog up Crystal Palace hill each morning and evening. That said, it's helped me drop 20pounds since Christmas so I'm not complaining as I'm now able to eat anything in sight and not worry about the consequences.

It's all fuel..if it's not nailed down, it's going in..

No comments:

Post a Comment